This “WIN YOUR WAY TO Atlantic Canada” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Anderson Vacations. THIS CONTEST FROM ANDERSON VACATIONS IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
1. Contest Period. The Contest will run from Friday, June 9, 2017 at or around 12:00 noon Mountain Standard Time (MST) to Monday July 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
How to Enter: No purchase necessary. This Contest can be entered by a contestant submitting an entry via facebook.com/contests with his or her first name, last name, Email address and if they would like to receive the Anderson Vacations E-newsletter.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the Contest: Only one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
Contest End Date: Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period Monday July 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
Entries will be declared invalid if they are lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, irregular, fraudulent, forged, or electronically reproduced and no responsibility is assumed by Anderson Vacations for any such entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Any selected entrant may be required to provide Anderson Vacations with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who have reached or surpassed the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period, and who are residing in Canada throughout the Contest Period. This Contest is void in whole or part where prohibited by law. The Contest is not open to (i) employees of Anderson Vacations, advertising agencies, contractors, or other representatives or members of their respective immediate families or those with whom the forgoing persons are domiciled. Anderson Vacations shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Anderson Vacations for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. ANDERSON VACATIONS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who supplies untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information at anytime.
3. Winner Selection:
a.A draw will be held to determine a winner. The draw will be held on Friday August 4, 2017 at noon MST, from all eligible entries received on or before the applicable draw. The draw will occur at Anderson Vacations’ office at 301, 1117-1 St SW Calgary, AB T2R 0T9. Subject to any delays as a result of ineligible entries, a contestant’s inability to answer a skill testing question or return the Release, the winner will be announced 15 days after the draw, on the Anderson Vacations Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AndersonVacationsCA should all protocol be followed by the winner and the release forms.
b.The odds of being selected as the potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Anderson Vacations at the time of the draw. Before being declared winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules. ANDERSON VACATIONS may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternate skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate and include the participation of entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
c.To be declared a winner and claim the corresponding prize, the selected entrant for the prize must: (i) Be reached by phone or e-mail and or/or respond to any phone call, voicemail or e-mail within two (2) business days of receipt (for this purpose voicemail and e-mail are deemed received on the date left or delivered); (ii) have complied with the official Contest Rules; and (iii) Correctly answer the skill testing question on that release, within five business days of receipt. Upon satisfaction of the above conditions, the prize letter explaining how, when and where to redeem the prize will be mailed or emailed by Anderson Vacations to the winner within thirty (30) days of being selected, at the address indicated on the winner’s entry form. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by e-mail or telephone, fails to return the Contest documents within the specified time, or otherwise does not satisfy any of the above conditions; then he/she will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Anderson Vacations is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the winner to receive notification or for Anderson Vacations to receive a selected entrant’s response.
4. Prize: There will be in one (1) winner drawn at the end of this Contest. The grand prize, having a total maximum value of $3,500 CAD, is described in more detail in section 7 below.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash or to another person’s name. No substitutions except at Anderson Vacations’ option. Anderson Vacations reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. Anderson Vacations shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected Prize. Only one prize will be awarded. Only the winner will be notified and Anderson Vacations will not communicate to individuals the fact that they have not won this Contest until written permission is received.
5. Grand prize: The grand prize consists of a trip for two (2) to Atlantic Canada (can include the following destinations: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador and Prince Edward Island).
6. No modifications will be possible once the booking has been made. Travel must be booked before Nov 30th, 2017 and travel completed by December 31, 2018. Blackout dates apply including (but not limited to) the Christmas and New Year’s period, between December 15 and January 15 in both 2017 and 2018, the School break, Spring break, the reading week of various educational institutions and Easter Holidays. Subject to the forgoing, travel dates will be based on availability. Prize winner must allow up to two (2) weeks for the processing of the requested dates and give a first, a second and a third choice of dates.
a. Once the trip is confirmed, no changes can be made to the date of travel or the names of the passengers. All bookings are subject to 100% cancellation penalties.
b. Valid passport and driver’s license required. Tickets must match legal names as per the traveler’s passport. It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her travel guests to obtain all necessary travel documentation, including passports, insurance and visas. All passports must be valid within six (6) months of departure.
c. Winner will be responsible for all transportation related fees and taxes including government airport tax; currency and fuel surcharges if applicable at time of booking; port and service charges, meals and beverages; items of a personal nature; passports and travel documents; travel insurance, phone calls, gratuities; merchandise, spa treatments; optional tours and excursions; airline connectors or transportation to the Canadian airport/departure city from where the flights operate, from the airport in Canada upon return, pre and post hotel stay if required.
7. Atlantic Canada Package courtesy of Anderson Vacations with details as followed:
Three (3) nights’ accommodation (to be determined based on availability during time of travel), and return airfare for two (2) from the closest airport in Canada to their residence to chosen destination in Atlantic Canada. Subject to availability at time of booking. No cash value, Non Transferrable. Prize package must be requested at least 60 days in advance of travel dates.
8. Release: The prize winner will be required to execute a written release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for this Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of Anderson Vacations, and/or related companies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability from any loss, harm, damages, cost or expenses arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, any travel taken in connection with any prize won in this Contest, or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) granting to Anderson Vacations of the unrestricted right, in Anderson Vacations sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within five business days of the date indicated on the accompanying email letter of notification or the verification as the winner, or he/she will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
9. Indemnification by Entrant: By entering the Contest, each contestant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to him or her or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from such contestant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, breach of any of these Contest Rules, or from any Prize-related activity undertaken by such contestant. Each contestant shall fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
10. Online Registration: Anderson Vacations will not be responsible for any problem or technical malfunctions or operational problems with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to any contestant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participating in this Contest.
11. Changes: If, for any reason, any portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including without limitation by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control or for any other reason whatsoever, then Anderson Vacations, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject (in Québec only) to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), may cancel, terminate, modify (including extending or shortening the Contest Period) or suspend the Contest without individual notice. Any such notice will only be posted at www.andersonvacations.ca and on the Anderson Vacations Canada Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AndersonVacationsCA.
12. For Residents of Québec: Any litigation concerning the conduct or administration of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation concerning the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Au Québec: un différent quant à l’organisation et la conduite d’un concours publicitaire peut être soumis à la Régie afin qu’il soit tranché. Un différend quant à l’attribution d’un prix peut être soumis à la Régie uniquement aux fins d’une intervention pour tenter de le régler.
For all other participants, any litigation must be initiated in the City of Calgary.
13. Conduct: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at http://www.andersonvacations.ca/BCcontest throughout the Contest Period and to be bound by the decisions of Anderson Vacations (which will be final on all matters relating to this Contest). Anderson Vacations reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest or the Anderson Vacations Website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Anderson Vacations property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION; ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE ANDERSON VACATIONS WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, ANDERSON VACATIONS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
14. Privacy/Use of Personal Information:
a) By submitting an entry to this website each contestant confirms that (i) he or she grants to Anderson Vacations the right to use his or her name, telephone number, province and city of residence, age, gender, language, email address, photograph and the letter described in paragraph 2(c) of these Contest rules (“Personal information”) for the purpose of administering this Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner (and the prize won) and contacting him or her to confirm any of the information, consents, and grants that he or she has provided; (ii) grants to Anderson Vacations the right to use his or her contact information to contact him or her regarding any issues, notifications, or corrections arising from or in connection with the Contest, including without limitation relating to any prize awarded, (iii) grants to Anderson Vacations the right to use his or her Personal information for publicity and promotional purposes including but not limited to those relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, developed using the rights granted in connection with the Contest without further compensation unless prohibited by law, (iv) acknowledges that Anderson Vacations may disclose his or her Personal information to third-party agents and service providers of Anderson Vacations (including those outside of Canada) in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) (ii) and (iii) above.
b) All entries become the property of Anderson Vacations and none will be returned. Anderson Vacations reserves the right, at its option, to publish the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice or statements at any time without further compensation to the winner.
c) Anderson Vacations may retain and use this information for future marketing of its products and promotions to each contestant and may share it with companies with whom it has marketing and other promotional arrangements for the purpose of providing each contestant with information about their products.
15. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You are providing information to Anderson Vacations and not to Facebook. By entering this Contest, you forever discharge Facebook of and from all manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, bonds, covenants, contracts, claims or demands whatsoever which you ever had, now have or which you hereafter can, will or may have against Facebook for or by reason of any cause, matter or thing relating to this Contest, howsoever arising. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to Anderson Vacations and not Facebook. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you shall also forever discharge and hold Facebook and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any damages resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from Facebook (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or similar issues if transmitted to or through Facebook by any third party, and/or (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred. This limitation of liability applies to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
16. General: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All currency indicated in these Contest rules are in Canadian dollars.